Pages

4.4.22

First, Start with Nirvana!

Hello Again on 4422! 

It's been ages.. nope actually just years. I don't have time to write, nope actually I don't have gut to do it anymore. But, this situation really moved my heart. Another loss of the rock star, yes sadly it's true! 

Since it's not about history, but just my own story of getting to know music and grew up with it. It may not be accurate. I can't give you accuracy in it. I just bring the old memories. 

When I was in junior high school around 1997 to 1998, I influenced by one legendary band called Nirvana. And hell yeah everything relate to Kurt Cobain back then. In the condition with no internet, limited TV program, especially for me who lived in a small town. But at that time, I remember there are magazines. The most popular music magazine back then is called "Hai!". 

Another thing that I remember, we always have much time to read and to write. At that time I was 14 years old girl who got struck by Nirvana, I don't really remember what's the real factor. Because I started to listen to them after the front man passed away. It means few years after all those popularity that led to tragedy. Then I knew that he took his own life with a gun. 

And couple days ago up until today, I want to see what I've missed. After the death of the drummer of Foo Fighters be announced to public, then I take some times to put my eyes and ears to look up for the music video I've been grown up with. And yes, I can see many things I haven't been able to see before. Brings all the memories. Yet, I realize that from music, we also learn to name what we felt back then, to understand our situation, to relate with other persons memories and experiences. 

So, it might be a good idea, to write down what the hell happening back then as a teenager. All the understandings and the memories. 

Here's the introduction in the very first day. I feel like I have the gut to write again. I hope I still have the gut in day two. 

Rest in Peace T! 

No comments:

Post a Comment